The team of BitGate, a Norwegian-registered bitcoin wallet app, announced that it has officially launched. The app is now available in both the Google Play Store and in the Apple App Store.
- Officially Launched: Now search for and download the BitGate app directly in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store, without signing up for the beta program.
- Upgraded User Interface: BitGate has an improved and simplified user interface; making it easier to understand and use the app.
- BankID code unit support: It’s now possible to register in BitGate with a BankID code unit (previously BankID on mobile was required when registering).
- Buy & sell bitcoin directly with your bank account: With Open Banking, users can add one or more bank accounts to BitGate and easily use them when buying or selling bitcoin.
- Send bitcoin directly to friends and family: Send directly to everyone in Norway with a telephone number. If sending to someone who does not have a BitGate account; the person will simply receive an SMS, and the amount will be there in BitGate at the first login.
- Store bitcoin with easy BankID login: The wallet is linked to a user’s BankID without needing to remember either passwords or keys. Setting up an optional PIN code or fingerprint provides extra security on mobile.
Some services, such as automatic deposit and withdrawal of Bitcoin, are not yet activated. New features will be added to the app over time, based on demand from users.
Published at Thu, 25 Mar 2021 09:00:53 +0000